We are happy to announce a new Seeds of Change project! The Faculty of Dentistry’s Outreach Program has joined our roster of worthwhile projects. The Outreach Program runs a mobile clinic that travels out to local communities to provide free dental care to patients who normally wouldn’t be able to afford treatment.
Some of you might remember the Outreach Program from the 2007 Class Action campaign that raised $10,000 from over 400 McGill students graduating that year. Now the program is partnering with Seeds of Change, so let’s help them literally put more smiles on people’s faces.
- The mobile clinic has been providing free dental services in local communities for 12 years
- It’s run by Dentistry professors Bruce Dobby and Yu Kwong Li, Outreach Program co-directors
- It provides oral care to disadvantaged groups who cannot afford to see a dentist
- It is volunteer-run: McGill Dentistry students provide dental care and volunteers staff the clinic
- It has treated approximately 4,800 patients in the Montreal area so far
Click here to watch their amazing video.
The Dentistry Outreach Program relies solely on volunteers and donations to keep it up and running. With this new partnership, we’re hoping to provide more exposure to all of the great work they are doing here in our own backyard. The best part is, the more support they receive, the more patients they can treat – now that’s something to smile about!
To find out more about the Dentistry Outreach Program, click here.
To make a gift to the Dentistry Outreach Program click here.
If you want to read more about the other projects we support at Seeds of Change, click here.
And don’t forget to like us on Facebook.